Why that title? Because I did things yesterday, today and will do some tomorrow.
Yesterday we had some issues with wifi. The antenna attached to the Bullit broke. Snapped right off inside the connector, necessitating me to dig out the soldering equipment to do repairs. When it went down, I was well in the middle of running cables over from the radio to the external antenna on the boat.
Basically, we have a “random length” wire, that comes from the tuner over to the insulated backstay (one of the wires holding the main mast up). I had to dig through a lot of junk to find some wire to run through the bulkhead to get the antenna connected. In the mean time, the wifi stopped working and the wife was asking about it, or complaining really, because she was trying to play a game and kept getting disconnected.
So, stopped working the HF radio stuff, repaired the wifi antenna and got that back up and running.
In the middle of all of this, I got a message on my phone. We can’t get calls, no coverage, so we’re connected to the wifi…. which wasn’t working. Therefore, the second the wifi came back, the message came through. They stated I had a large box awaiting me at the office. Turned out to be the new C-Head composting toilet. Collected that. More on that later.
Once I got the HF rigged up, I realized I’d lost my control cable somewhere. The control cable goes between the tuner and the HF rig to switch bands and is an absolute necessity on a random antenna like we’re using. I remembered that when I was in Colorado Springs in the winter, I’d looked for the missing cable inside the trailer and storage we still have (my kids are keeping that stuff). When I didn’t find the cable, I had purchased the DIN connectors and placed them into my electronic gear I carried back and forth all the time.
Fortunately, along with some wiring I needed to complete the HF installation, I happened to locate some 5 conductor spare wire that I was able to use to build the control cable. So, today, the HF radio is working, and Wifi is back online.
This morning I opened up the new box of stuff, the C-Head Toilet.
It appears that this installation is going to be easy. The toilet will not only fit, it will sit perfectly in the aft head. I went through all the instructions, directions, parts, parts list and read everything. The hardest part will be the removal of the old toilet, the plumbing, etc.
So, yesterday I did the HF. Today, I examined all the parts of the toilet, tomorrow, I’ll probably start the installation in the head.
Rick, love it,,,,something always wrong
Can’t to read about the C-head, I’m researching composting toilets now and will be working on a series on the blog for them, can’t wait to hear about ur installation stories
Been pretty busy. I’m going to try to catch up the blog today and tomorrow. Got some wiring to do this morning and afternoon.
I’ll mention it again shortly though.